January 21 – 23, 2018
A leadership development program for early to mid-career professionals with 2-5 years of experience in TDM. The three-day retreat will bring together a cross-section of TDM professionals from around the country, representing public and private organizations. The program offers participants in-depth learning opportunities that will provide a strong foundation for individual growth, build a network of peers for continuous support, and prepare you for leadership in your profession and ACT.
During this programs, participants will:
The continued development of strong leaders within the TDM profession is essential to achieving the goals of improving the quality of life of individuals, the livability of communities, and economic growth of businesses. The ImpACT! Leadership program recognizes and develops practitioners who have shown an initial commitment to professional service at the start of their career in TDM. The program provides selected candidates with leadership training and ongoing mentorship by identifying needs for volunteer service within ACT that match with each participant’s leadership goals. It is the program’s goal that the leadership training and experience provided shall inspire continued service within ACT throughout one’s career.
The $1,750 tuition fee for the ImpACT! Leadership program, includes the following:
ImpACT! Leadership participants can be sponsored by the organization where they are employed and/or their ACT Chapter. Sponsoring a candidate, providing the monetary events and activities, are critical to the candidate’s success in the program.
Participating organizations, chapters and /or agencies sponsoring participants in the program are responsible for tuition, airfare and travel costs to and from the participant’s home airport, and other miscellaneous expenses.
– Why participation in the ImpACT! Leadership Program is an important next step in your personal and professional development
– Demonstration of self-reflection in past leadership successes and challenges
– Thoughts on how a sustained, collaborative mentoring relationship will contribute to your leadership development
– Description of personal strengths, including how these align with selected areas of interest related to ACT leadership roles, councils, committees, current activities, and priorities.
– Personal narrative should be 500 to 800 words in length. Applicant must write clearly and concisely in a professional manner.
– The letter should provide evidence of leadership potential and how the applicant has contributed and participated as a leader over time.
– The reference letter should specifically address why the applicant is a good fit for the ImpACT! Leadership Program at this time as well as his/her ability to become a successful leader in ACT upon completion of the program.
– The reference letter must be signed and sent on official letterhead.
All documents should be submitted together via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: ImpACT! Leadership Application
The selection committee seeks diversity based on geography, gender, ethnicity and type of organization/program. Particular attention is given to candidates’ personal statements as well as those of their references. No more than two people from any organization can be selected for participation in the program per year. Preference will be given to those who do not have experience working on ACT chapters, committees, councils, etc., and to those who meet the following criteria: