Wow, where has the year gone??
The year of 2016 brought some great changes to SEACT.
- This year we gave out four Bill Mustard Scholarships to our members. This is a competitive process – an applicant is required to fill out the application which requires a signature from their employer; as well as attend our Chapter Board meeting at the International conference.
- ACT International Conference – Portland, Oregon
This year we were excited to have more applicants than in previous years, so you can imagine the SEACT Board had a tough decision. The recipients of this year’s scholarships were:
- Jenny Halsey – TJCOG Council of Governments, NC
Anne Galamb – City of Raleigh, NC
Stanton Higgs – The TMA Group, TN
- TDM Summit – Boston MA
This was the first year for the TDM Summit, the recipient of the scholarship was:
- Christi Turner – Red Hat, Inc., Raleigh, NC – Christi is a new ACT member representing as an employer.
We thank everyone who submitted strong applications.
- President’s Award – This year the President’s Award went to Daniel Deanda, West Florida Regional Planning Council. Because of Dan’s commitment to ACT and SEACT he put a lot of work into the Portland Awards Ceremony, with a Mardi Gras splash to get us excited about New Orleans 2017.
- Each year SEACT budgets $1,000 to sponsor Local and Regional Events to help members host events. Members are asked to send a letter to the SEACT Board requesting up to $500.00 maximum.
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” Melody Beattie