Massachusetts, Connecticut (except Fairfield County), Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire
- Conduct at least three general Chapter Meetings, including one meeting outside the Greater Boston area, and provide a conference call-in for those unable to attend meetings in-person
- Identify and promote professional development opportunities for members, such as net conferences, workshops, and national ACT Conferences, and support TDM certification efforts
- Share TDM information and events with current and prospective members via quarterly chapter newsletters and social media posts
- Survey membership to identify ACT roles, professional responsibilities, interests, activities, and learning opportunities for greater member engagement and chapter growth
- Retain current membership and recruit new members to achieve 10% net growth
A mini-conference on “Navigating the Future of TDM” will take place Tuesday, November 7, 2017 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at Tufts University, Somerville, MA, Cabot Intercultural Center, 702 Conference Room.
Presenters will be ACT’s Executive Director David Straus and Professor Mike Knodler, UMass Amherst Transportation and Engineering; Knodler’s topic will be the “Integration of Research into Practice: Reverse Angle Parking, Complete Streets and Drones.” You will also have the opportunity to learn more about Technology and TDM, an innovative Pilot Guaranteed Ride Home program, and participate in an open discussion on TDM challenges, opportunities and successful programs.
This event is free, open to both ACT members and non-members, and includes lunch.
Please RSVP by November 1 here.
- Board officer meetings held monthly on 3rd Wednesday at 10:00 am via teleconference
- Annual general membership meeting held concurrently with ACT International Conference
- Chapter presentations, workshops, and events held throughout the year; 2017 schedule TBA
Past Patriot Chapter Events
- 2016 State of New England Commuter Mobility and Benefits: December 6, 2016 at MassDOT. Featured speakers: Jackie DeWolfe, MassDOT Director of Sustainable Mobility, Parrish Polk of Commuter Benefit Solutions by Edenred, Melissa Zampitella of A Better City TMA, and Ben Hammer of Harvard University. A Holiday Happy Hour followed at the Rock Bottom Brewery.
- 2016 State of New England Commuter Toolboxes: October 12, 2016 held concurrently with the ACT TDM Forum in Boston. Featured speakers: Phil Winters of CUTR, Diane Hanson and Ulla Hester representing MassRIDES, Anne Rugg of commuteSMARTseacoast, Rebecca Grover of GO Maine, Jim Gasciogne of Charles River TMA, and Ed Perzanowski of CTrides, who also facilitated the event.
- 2016 State of the New England Commute: June 29, 2016 hosted by the ABC TMA in Boston. Featured speakers: Tom Yardley of Nelson Nygaard, Meghan Houdlette of VHB, Anna Stokes of Millone & MacBroom, and our event sponsor, Jodie Hollister of VRide.
- 2015 ACT Patriot Chapter Conference
ACT’s Patriot Chapter held its conference April 15 in Newport, R.I. The conference featured a variety of informative sessions exploring topics such as ridesharing, cycling, municipal collaboration, and TDM policy. A number of organizations and professionals were also recognized with awards; see the awards slideshow here (PDF).
Like us on Facebook
Chittenden Area Transportation Management Association (CATMA)
Immediate Past President and Membership Chair
Chapter Representative to the ACT National Board